You can read the letters of support sent to the Medieval Studies Department here.
The Department of Medieval Studies would like to express its gratitude to all those innumerable colleagues, friends and alumni who have stood up in support of the university in the past few weeks. Since the Hungarian government launched its attack on our institution, we have received lots of messages and letters of support from all around the globe.
Academic units that involve medievalists and historians who expressed their support include, among others:
- The Medieval Academy of America
- Società degli Archeologi Medievisti Italiani
- Mittelalter - Interdisziplinäre Forschung und Rezeptionsgeschichte
- Slovak Historical Society at Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Section of Philosophy and Historical Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Research Centre for the Humanities, Institute of History
- Academia Europaea
- Association of German Historians, Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf
- Association of Hungarian Archaeologists
- European Alliance for Social Sciences and Humanities
- ELTE Bölcsészettudományi Kar Középkori és Kora Újkori Egyetemes Történeti Tanszéke (Department of Medieval and Early Modern History, ELTE, Budapest)
- ELTE BTK Ókortörténeti Tanszéke (Department of Ancient History at ELTE, Budapest)
- Penn Global Medieval Studies
- The Center for Medieval Studies at the University of Bucharest
- Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Palacky University, Olomouc
- CARMEN worldwide medieval network
- University of Zagreb
Your support encourages us to continue our teaching and research for the benefit of our academic community.
For more information on the situation and what you can do to help, please visit the page #istandwithCEU.
An even greater list of supporting letters is available on the CEU main page.