The Department of Medieval Studies at CEU is pleased to announce the complete program of its Winter Term Public Lecture Series.
If you wish to receive the Zoom link and location information for these lectures, and in general to be updated on our public events, please sign up here.
Time: Wednesdays, 17:40 CET
Place: CEU Vienna Campus and on Zoom
- Eloïse Adde, Central European University | Emotions and Nation: Making Community, Communion and National Subjects in the Narrative Sources of Brabant and Bohemia (1300–1400)
- Volker Menze, Central European University | Blessings, Bribes & Bishops: Cyril of Alexandria, the Council of Ephesus (431) and the Making of Orthodoxy
- Katja Weidner, University of Vienna | How the Whale Got Its Fragrance: A Look at Medieval Bestiaries and Beyond
- Andreas Zajic and Jonathan Dumont, Austrian Academy of Sciences | Bonds of Trust and Informal Power within the State Bureaucracy: The Habsburg Monarchy under Maximilian I
- Giulia Rossetto, Austrian Academy of Sciences | Written on the Margins: Multilingual Annotations in the Byzantine Prayerbooks of Saint Catherine’s Monastery (Sinai)
- Bruno De Nicola, Austrian Academy of Sciences | Islamic Manuscripts from the Mongol Empire: Challenges and Possibilities