The Department of Medieval Studies encourages its doctoral students to acquire academic-related skills that shall be useful in your future careers: beyond the skills of cutting-edge research and engaging teaching performances. For that purpose, we ask every student to perform four academic practica during his/her studies. Doctoral students should rotate their choices and may repeat a practicum one time only. The practica must be completed before the submission of the dissertation.
Every academic practicum is worth one credit and roughly twenty (15–24) hours of work.
- Academic Program Organisation
- Course Materials Development and Teaching Practice
- Departmental Archival and Library Development
- International Relations Network Co-ordination
- Publication and Editorial Practices
- Research Resources and Bibliography
- Visual Resources: Collection and Implementation
If you would like to register for an academic practicum course you can find the form under the "documents" section.