Undergraduate Conference: Tradition and Innovation in Historical Perspective
CALL FOR PAPERS!
The Department of History and the Department of Medieval Studies at Central European University in Budapest invite undergraduate students to rethink the manifestations and roles of tradition and innovation in history. The departments invite proposals for papers from undergraduates around the world who are interested in any aspect of tradition and innovation in a historical perspective. Proposals from all thematic areas (social history, economic history, military history, political history, cultural history, history of material culture, gender history, religious history, intellectual history, cultural heritage studies, art history, archaeology, and more) and all historical periods will be considered. Preference, however, will be given to proposals with interesting approaches and well defined research questions, objectives, and results.
· the language of the conference and the papers is English
· proposals should not exceed 250 words
· all applications must be submitted through the conference website: history.ceu.edu/conference
· deadline: Monday, April 15, 2017. Late applications will be considered on a case by case basis
· papers should be 2000 to max. 3000 words long
· deadline: Monday, July 24, 2017
· at the conference participants will present a 10-12 minute summary of their papers in thematic panels.
A fee of 75 Euro applies to all accepted participants. It includes:
· Three nights’ accommodation in single rooms in the CEU Residence Center
· Coffee breaks and receptions
· Guided tours
· 72 hour public transport pass
· Free Wi-Fi
Supporting CEU units:
· Center for Religious Studies
· Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies
· Cultural Heritage Studies Program
· Specialization in Political Thought
For inquiries, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org