In order to attract outstanding individuals irrespective of their financial situation CEU offers a range of Financial Aid packages supporting the majority of our students during their studies. The main types of CEU Financial Aid include:
- CEU Fellowships for Master’s students (full and partial)
- CEU Fellowships for PhD students (full and partial)
- Tuition scholarships (full and partial)
- Externally Funded Financial Aid from the European Commission as well as other private and public donors and organizations including federal loans for US citizens
- CEU Alumni Scholarships awarded to students in financial need who have a proven record of leadership in extracurricular activities, community service and civic engagement
Students who are interested in applying for CEU Financial Aid must complete the Financial Aid section of the CEU online application form, indicating the type of Financial Aid desired.
Application for admission with financial aid to our master's programs is made in two stages. First, an application for admission to one or both MA Medieval Studies programs must be completed before the deadline for master's students seeking financial aid. Based on an assessment of academic merit, applicants are then either accepted to a program, placed on the waiting list, or rejected. Second, those applicants who are either accepted or placed on the waiting list can then apply for financial aid. Applications for financial aid will be considered on the basis of a combination of academic merit and financial need.
Applications for admission to our master's programs by self-funding students continue to be accepted after the deadline for master's students seeking financial aid.
CEU offers a financial aid package to students in doctoral programs. Applicants to a CEU doctoral program are automatically considered for a CEU Doctoral Scholarship.